We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can't post reviews about Toronto, wtf?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
can't post reviews about Toronto, wtf?

I've only recently started posting reviews on this site but the strangest thing happens. When I post reviews of attractions etc in other countries (I recently went to NYC) my review gets published but every single review I try to post about something in my own city (Toronto) just disappears. Any thoughts?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,983 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can't post reviews about Toronto, wtf?

Hi Kenneth;

For future reference, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site, and to report technical problems.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Do you own a business that is listed on TA ?

If you do, you are not allowed to review a similar business, within a 10 mile radius.

For an exact answer, you will need to contact TA staff directly by using this web form.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Click on "status of my review", then select "Not listed".

Best Regards

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can't post reviews about Toronto, wtf?

It normally in the summer time is very busy for the Trop Advisor staff to look over people review. I had reviews I put in, take a week or two to be published.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can't post reviews about Toronto, wtf?

TA should make it easier to find that form to ask questions, IMO!

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can't post reviews about Toronto, wtf?

I totally agree

5. Re: can't post reviews about Toronto, wtf?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:16