We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Topic
Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

The Eaton Centre institution closed its doors on Tuesday after opening in 1980. Let's hope that it can open again!

…thestar.com/#/article/business/2014/09/03/m…

Toronto
Level Contributor
421 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

I'm shocked!

Shocked that it was still open until this week. I thought it was long gone. As a teenager coming into Toronto on a school field trip I thought it was fine dining. Thirty years later can't imagine why an adult would want to eat there. I guess I was not the only one who felt this way. It will not be missed.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
21,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

Yes ... I thought it was long gone also ... not on my must eat list in that area, that's for sure....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

I think as food prices went on the rise, the quality and quantity changed....under the right circumstances, I would not be sad to see it again...

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

I'm dating myself, but I was at the Eaton Center opening when it relocated from Adelaide Street. Always enjoyed anytime we stopped for a bite, but having moved north of the city many years ago I haven't been in quite a while.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
21,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

Okay ... but this is even more distressing!! Penrose is closing....

cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/penrose-fish-chip…

6. Re: Mr. Greenjeans closes its doors after 34 years!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 05:16