We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto Weather next weekend

Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto Weather next weekend

We are flying out to Toronto on Thursday 16th November, would anyone like to suggest suitable clothing for the following 5 days. The only forecasts I can find only go up to Thursday and appear to be getting warmer. I don't really want to leave the packing till the night before!!

On another note - we are staying at Bond Place - and we are thinking of going to Unionville. Is it an easy place to get to and is it worth a visit? I believe their Christmas festivities start on the 18th.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto Weather next weekend

This page has a 10-day forecast, and unfortunately it looks like it'll cool upon your arrival: weather.com/outlook/…CAXX0504 . These things can be unreliable, so the best advice is to mix in some lighter clothes with a sweater or two that you can layer on top.

Never been to Unionville during the Christmas season but I'm sure it'd be done up quite nicely. It is in the suburbs, so if you don't have a car, getting there would take about an hour. You would:

1. Take the subway to Union Station

2. Go outside to the GO Bus Terminal. (It's east -- that's away from the CN Tower -- across Bay Street.)

3. Grab the Stouffvile GO Bus .

4. Get off at Unionville GO Station, change to YRT bus #8, take that to Carlton Rd. (a little past Hwy 7 & Kennedy), and walk 0.5 km west to Main Street Unionville.

You can get the GO schedule at gotransit.ca/publicroot/… and the YRT schedule at http://www.yrt.ca/markham.asp. Note that late-evening service on both is spotty, so you'd want to print a copy or note the trip times for the trip back.

In case you're wondering, a cab would be $50 each way, plus tip.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto Weather next weekend

You could also try the 14 day forecast for Toronto at www.theweathernetwork.com

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto Weather next weekend

Hi catswin,

Unionville is a great place to spend a day or afternoon. I have been there several times and always enjoyed my visit. The town is very picturesque and the main street has some very nice stores and boutiques and a few restaurants.

Hope you enjoy it, if you do decide to go.

Best of luck.

n/d

Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto Weather next weekend

mattInTO - many thanks for the weather link - I just love some of the links on that site - "local flea activity"???? Do people really need to know this?

By the look of the forecast, we need to have rain wear at the ready . Really looking forward to being back in Toronto - last time I was there, they had Just opened the CN Tower - the queues were so long we didn't have time to do anything other than admire it from the outside at the time.

Thankyou also for the information about Unionville - we will decide on that trip when we are there. We have booked to go to Niagara for the day on Sunday - which leaves us with all day Monday for the essential shopping trip before flying home.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto Weather next weekend

I'd never even noticed the flea activity link, but just tried it and found it only works for US cities. Nearby Buffalo NY, though, currently rates as "Low" -- so no need to worry about flea activity ruining your vacation. :)

Toronto has changed a lot since the CN Tower was built. Please do send along a trip report if you have a chance when you get back. And have a great time!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,215 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto Weather next weekend

I wouldn't place a lot of trust in a 14-day forecast. Environment Canada, our official weather agency, issues forecasts for only three days in advance, because they feel that's the longest period that they can do with good reliability. The information for 4- and 5-days out is called an "outlook", not a forecast. I strongly recommend you double-check the forecast just before you leave, so you aren't caught out.

…ec.gc.ca/city/pages/on-143_metric_e.html

If you prefer imperial units, just click the blue "imperial units" button underneath the forecast.

7. Re: Toronto Weather next weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 04:18