We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

Has anyone been to both of these malls? How do they compare? Looking for good discounts on clothes, shoes, anything Colorado Avalanche etc.... Things don't have to be designer or the latest and greatest.... Thanks!

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

I've been to both Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet. Vaughn Mills is much larger and a "wow", Cookstown was small, so a disappointment.

However, perhaps someone else can comment on deals for the specific items you've mentioned.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

Been to both also. As mentioned you can't compare the 2. Vaughan Mills is HUGE. If you go on their website you can get a list of stores. They have everything from high end stuff to the reasonably priced.

Never heard of Colorado Avalanche .....sorry.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

Oops guess i wasn't very specific...Colorado Avalanche is a NHL Hockey team and our son is a great fan. It's hard to find anything with Avalanche logos etc on it...most items sold in Canada have Montreal Canadians, Toronto Maple Leafs or Calgary, Edmonton, or Vancouver logos on them. Thanks for the explanation of the differences in the malls....I'm not looking for high end stuff...moreso the good deals! :) If anyone has any suggestions of specific stores to visit...would look forward to your post.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

I can't see anything you would gain by going up to Cookstown for this purpose. So far as the Avs-wear is concerned, surely the Hockey Hall of Fame's gift store in downtown Toronto would have teamwear for all the NHL teams? For that matter they have an on-line store. I couldn't comment on prices though at a guess (someone correct me please) it would seem unlikely that offical teamwear is to be had at a discount very easily.

Good luck.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

We'll be in Barrie for vacation, so actually the question was whether we should plan to godown to Vaughan Mills. I think the two malls are different enough it warrants a stop at each....

Not actually looking for Avs wear....more so a few things for stocking stuffers with Av's Logos on them. Already have a shirt and Jersey.... I never thought of the Hockey Hall of Fame store.....you can tell I'm not a big hockey fan!! :)

Thanks again for the help.

Ont
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

are you from London area vanclan, can't remember if that was you in a previous thread, if so a new kiosk just opened in Masonville, all hockey stuff, didn't stop & look so can't comment on teams or prices but it is downstairs in front of Music World.

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

Drive right by Cookstown and go to Vaughan Mills.

Also you may want to try Champs or Sport Check for NHL stuff. They sell stuff from many of the NHL teams and not just the Canadian ones.

8. Re: Compare Vaughn Mills and Cookstown Outlet Malls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 04:20