We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

We are coming into town for the One of a Kind Show next Friday and were planning to head to the Eaton Centre afterwards for dinner and some shopping.

I heard that Mr. Greenjeans isn't as good as it used to be.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant close to or in the Eaton Centre that has table service? We are a group of 4 adults and 2 young children, so we need a place that will be loud enough to drown out the sound of the kids!!

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

Give Terroni a try (www.terroni.ca) it's just a block away and the food is WAY better than anywhere in the Eaton's Centre. It's usually noisy with after work folks and is pretty casual.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

Thanks! That restaurant sounds good - we love Italian. Their website doesn't really have a complete menu - or does it? I see pizza, appetizers and sandwiches. Do they have pasta?

Also, is it kid-friendly? Will they have high chairs? Have you seen kids there before?

Thanks so much for your help!

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

Terroni always has a couple of pastas as specials, but the pizzas are what it's really known for. It's definitely boistrous and relaxed enough to drown out the sound of kids, and I'm sure they have a high chair or two. (You can always phone to make sure.)

Another non-chain option in the area is the Superior, but it's a bit pricier: http://www.superiorrestaurant.com

Home of the Toronto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

Hi. It's funny - I also heard the Mr. Greenjeans was no longer very good but I've been three times in the past year and think it's fine. It's a great place for kids and the food has been more than okay. Don't get me started on The Pickle Barrel, though (gone way down in the past few years)...

Toronto, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

Go to Salad King for some of the best Thai food in TO and its cheap. Its busy and loud but great for lunch.

toronto
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

I heard the same thing - did a search for Mr. Greenjeans online for their menu and came across a neat site that showed the place best ... anyways hope it helps as I tried out the place and the food was great! The place looks great too - here is that link - www.streets.to/assets/recent/mrgreenjeans.php - this site's different - u click on the door and go inside for a virtual tour and menu and stuff. hope it helps. cheers

Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

If you like steak try the Keg, be warned though you can face a delay getting a table

8. Re: Restaurants near the Eaton Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 01:16