We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus that crosses Maine border into New Brunswick?

Rochester, NY
7 posts
Save Topic
Bus that crosses Maine border into New Brunswick?

We noticed the Acadian bus line from Bangor to PEI is currently not operating. We need to leave our rental car in Bangor, then take a bus to PEI (unless anyone can recommend another way). We have a car awaiting us to use for 2 wks. on PEI but no way to get there. I doubt rental companies allow cars to cross from US to Canada and leave them there as well. Any suggestions appreciated.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
456 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus that crosses Maine border into New Brunswick?

You are correct, most car rental companies will not let you cross the US Canada border. You may be in luck however, just today the Acadian Line workers voted to accept a tentative deal and could be back to work in a couple weeks. Stay tuned.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus that crosses Maine border into New Brunswick?

While Acadian Coach Lines has returned to partial service following their service disruption, they had discontinued their service to Bangor about a year or so ago.

I was speaking with a representative from Acadian and they suggested you take Greyhound from Bangor to Montreal and pick up the Acadian Coach Lines in Riviere Du Loup. Since they are at this time operating on partial service, I would suggest contacting them directly at 1-800 567-5151.

3. Re: Bus that crosses Maine border into New Brunswick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:41