We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottages near National Park in No. Rustico

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Cottages near National Park in No. Rustico

Hello,

A few years ago I visited PEI on a genealogy search. During my search I came upon the beautiful National Park, which a portion of, it turned out, was where my great grandparents resided in the 1800's, before it became a national park. This was an area inside the park just beyond the entrance of the park. My question is this- there were several cottages that sat up on a bluff near this particular entrance. I am wondering if anyone knows the name of this lodging facility or any cottage rental facilities along the road heading west from the entrance to the park.

I wish I could be more specific as to the location.

Thanks for any help!

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
978 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottages near National Park in No. Rustico

Do any of these sound familiar

Coastline Cottages (Doyle's) http://www.coastlinecottages.ca/Facility.htm

Gulfview Cottages (McNeil's), St Lawerence motel

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottages near National Park in No. Rustico

Thanks so much.I am thinking it may be the Gulf View cottages, based on a photo on their website.

Here is a photo of the land

https:/…44548_1576521379693_4187480_n.jpg

Here is a photo of the cottages I am trying to identify:

…shutterfly.com/media/…

Edited: 22 August 2012, 02:59
Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
978 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottages near National Park in No. Rustico

You are correct it is Gulfview Cottages. Just drove by on our way to New London Seafood restaurant for supper (food was great). We actually drove in and had a look I didn't realize that the view was that good as the cottages are set back from the road. It's a beautiful sunny day here today so the North Shore is looking fantastic even saw a fox sleeping on top of a round straw bale he lifted his head for a picture then back to resting , I was jealous I spent the day in an office LOL

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottages near National Park in No. Rustico

Thanks so much..I appreciate you taking the time to check it out for me!

5. Re: Cottages near National Park in No. Rustico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward Island