We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week in PEI

Ontario, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One week in PEI

We will be travelling to PEI next July, hopefully around Canada Day, with our then one year old baby.

I was looking for some "must see places" or people's must-do's, especially with a wee one!

I am thinking right now car rental for the week would be advantageous to us (our last trip hubby and I bused and taxied everywhere.)

Any hotel/motel recomendations or interesting places to stay.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week in PEI

willow3300,

Visit the tourism PEI website at http://www.tourismpei.com/index.php3 Take a few minutes to review the site, and order the tour guide. It will give you lots of information on where to stay, according to your budget and requirements.

Definitely rent a car for easier travel. Must see places depend on who you ask as evidenced in the replies to this posting: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155022-i619-k5904…

If you are heading to Summerside, I would definitely recommend the Cairns Motel http://cairnsmotel.net/ for a superclean, quiet, and family run motel.

Ontario, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One week in PEI

Thank you so much for the reply and the links! I was scanning the forum but didn't see those links. Trying to read online while dealing with a 5 month old can be difficult!

I greatly appreciate the reply.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week in PEI

Welcome to the PEI forums willow. I think K.C. has made a good suggestion as I think you need to narrow down your search a bit. There is all sorts of great sight to see in Prince Edward Island and places to stay. Are you looking for camping, hotels, cottages? Similarly, are you into the beach, historical sites, scenery, Anne of Green Gables, golf(I assume not with the young one), etc. People sometimes bite off more than they can chew because they assume PEI is so small they can do everything in a few days. What you need to do is find your must see things(which the tourism guide will help with) and plan your accommodations around that. There's no use in me telling you about that off the beaten path excellent spot in Souris when you're actually going to be spending all your time in Charlottetown which is an hour and a half away(that is just an example of course). Have a read through the guide and do come back with some more specific questions. Good luck.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week in PEI

I think a car rental would be a wise choice. That gives you the freedom to go where you want, when you want, especially with a little one. PEI may be small geographically, but it's HUGE on scenary, so being able to travel it at your leisure is a real bonus. When we were there this past summer, it was surprising how few kms we put on our rental in a day, we would just get going and then we'd see another spot we had to stop and explore. A week on this beautiful island was not enough for us!

5. Re: One week in PEI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 09:35
Charlottetown...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One week in PEI

I would suggest you stay centralized for your stay in PEI. Anywhere on the island is within a couple of hours driving if you stay in Charlottetown and do day trips from there. There are several coastal drives which are day trips that everyone should do while you are here as every part of the Island is unique and offers an array of different experiences.

There are a number of different lodging ideas for you to consider depending on what you want to get out of your stay.

I would personally recommend staying at a bed and breakfast for your stay. A great one to consider is A Country Home -acountryhomepei@yahoo.ca.

Hope this helps

7. Re: One week in PEI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 06:17