We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best romantic beach with privacy?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Best romantic beach with privacy?

I here the water will be much warmer on the south shore in late August so I am thinking that is best. We are staying in Charlottetown and Summerside. Looking for a quiet romantic beach for a picnic, great photos and perhaps some canoodling.....

Mentioned in this post
Summerside
Summerside
Prince Edward Island, Canada
Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
429 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best romantic beach with privacy?

The Island has literally miles of nice beaches, I really think around West Point has the nicest along with great water temperatures, although it may be cooling down a bit by then. The West Point Lighthose area has a park as well , and the beach has lifeguards. I would think that there would be many people on the beach in late August, but if there is, you could simply walk a ways up or down the beach and have privacy. You can also eat at the Lighthouse which is a neat experience.

Mentioned in this post
West Point
West Point
Boston
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best romantic beach with privacy?

How about the beach at Panmure Island? That's one of my favorite places on the Island.

Mentioned in this post
Panmure Island
Panmure Island
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
827 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best romantic beach with privacy?

one - close to Charlottetown: on the road to Point Prim (worth a trip), there's a road down to the water, before you reach the lighthouse at the point: either Wharf Road or Old Wharf Road - take it, it's just a dirt track - total seclusion and a nice sandy beach (red sand though). It's you and the beach.

two: St. Peter's Harbour Road off HWY 2 will get you into the dunes, and a long beach, white powder sand. Take drink and food, a blanket and an umbrella - no shade. But you will find few people.

Mentioned in this post
Point Prim
Point Prim
4. Re: Best romantic beach with privacy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Charlottetown