We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visiting departing Halifax, NS to

Which Charlottetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
First time visiting departing Halifax, NS to

First week of June, two of us first time departing from Halifax to Charolttetown (PEI) then to Newfoundland. We don't drive,

1) what other transportation we can take for this routine?

2) how many days we stay there?

I thought about staying in PEI for one night, then departing to Newfoundland the next morning, catch the bus back to Halifax in the evening or stay one night there?

3) Places to visit in each city?

Thanks in advance.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visiting departing Halifax, NS to

1) You can travel from Halifax to Charlottetown by air

www.aircanada.com

or by bus

www.smtbus.com

2) How many days you decide to stay in PEI depends on how much or how little you want to do/see while you're there. We've been going there for a couple of weeks every summer for 12 years, and we still find something new every year.

As for travelling from PEI to Newfoundland, your best option is by air. Newfoundland is a large island and it's a considerable distance from PEI, and travel by bus to the capital city of St. John's would take a couple of days, including a long ferry ride. Unless you charter a private jet, I don't think that a Charlottetown-St. John's-Halifax trip can be done in a single day and still leave you time for sightseeing in Newfoundland.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visiting departing Halifax, NS to

Thanks, KB56.

We plan to stay at PEI for one night, 2 days. I checked up the flight price. Appearingly, if I fly from PEI to St. John's (NFL), the plane still stop at Halifax then arrive in NFL. So, I thought maybe take the shuttle bus round trip from Hlfx to PEI. Then, take the plane from Halifax to NFL afterward. What do you suggest us to do in 2 days (one night)? Also, things to do in NFL? Probalby just stay for one night as well. Thanks.

We going there first week of June.

3. Re: First time visiting departing Halifax, NS to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Charlottetown