We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf

Maine, usa
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
golf

We are staying in Charlottetown are there any golf courses we must play and and site seeing sites? Thanks

Boston...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf

I was actually going to ask the same question! I'm leaving tomorrow for PEI and did not know which was better The Eagles Glenn or Anderson's Creek? If anyone can recommend one that would be great!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
205 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf

Have played virtually every golf course on PEI. The hardest/most annoying is Dundarave - very challenging and unbelievably long. I really like Crowbush (I'm a female golfer and find the women's tees user friendly there!), but it's about a 45 minute drive from where I live on the North Shore (summer resident)... My husband and I golf at least 3x per week - usually more - and really enjoy Eagles Glen (comfortably challenging), Brudenell (another 45" drive, however, but one of the loveliest and most enjoyable courses), Glasgow Hills (comfortably challenging), Rustico Resort (for straight shooting "target" golf), Mill River (another long-ish drive - where The Big Break was filmed on PEI), and Anderson's Creek (I do NOT like it, so haven't been there in a couple years, but friends who like it say that the ridiculous amount of fescue has been cleaned up recently). I have not been to the newly re-done Green Gables course (fees during the early part of the day - w/ taxes - are ridiculous), but it was (and still is) a stunning course. You can't lose w/ any of the above courses - just "situate" yourselves in an area where you can easily get to some courses - and have fun!

Maine, usa
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf

Thanks do much for your info!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golf

Hi, this reply is probably too late for you but I was with a golfing group that visited PEI recently. We only played two courses, Anderson's Creek and Green Gables. We got a deal as we played bot courses. My group was extremely impressed with both courses. Both are challenging and have great views throughout. I would highly recommend you (and any other golfers) giving these courses a go.

5. Re: golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Charlottetown