We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anne of green Gables the Musical

Which Charlottetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Anne of green Gables the Musical

I was looking at tickets and I was getting confused front row tickets are $20 yet 7 rows back is $75.

Not knowing the layout of the Theatre and if the view of the stage is better further back or doesn't really

make a diffrence?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
456 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

Hi again MizSazzy. The cost for seats are based on the comfort and best views. The front row is going to be very close to the stage with a rather narrow view and and you'll likely be having to have your head tilted back somewhat, in otherwords, the least comfortable viewing position.

If you go to the confederation center website and click on buy tickets a layout of the seating with the various priced seat showing in different colours will appear. If you can get one of the $20 seats right next to one of the pricier seats you may be okay.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 13:31
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

Thanks again Monacd

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,211 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

I found this question intriguing. What could be the issue with cheaper front row seats? So I googled it. Apparently the seats in those front rows have cramped leg room and knees are known to touch the back of the seat ahead of you. Like Monacd, I thought of the neck issue, as well.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

The Confed centre most certainly doesn't have the best layout. Best seats are midway back from the stage and I can see why there is a difference in the price.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,772 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

https:/… should give you the layout of the centre and seat prices.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

Thanks nramsay Ive taken that (and all the other ) advice and bought tickets a few rows back and to the middle of the row!

Charlottetown...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

Anne of Green Gables- the musical has a variety of seat prices from $20-$75 depending where you sit in the theatre. The $20.00 seats are in the first few rows of the theatre. Alot of people enjoy being right up front and close to the stage, others prefer to be back a bit as these seats are not at eye level so you are looking up some. It is indeed personal choice. These $20 tickets are very popular and indeed a incredible price for live theatre. The most expensive seats in the theatre are the ones in the centre of the rows . When you purchase tickets on line you can review the location map of the theatre and see the different price sections available. The last row of the balcony seats are the seats that have limited leg room.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

Front row is a close to the stage and you would be looking up. Try around row N it may b e cheaper and most seats in the theatre are fine. I have sat in the 1st room and from there you get a up close feeling also the orchestra is right below you in the pit. Any seat on the main level is good. Enjoy.

Halifax Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
667 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

Just purchased some of the $40 seats a few rows back... row DD, 4th from the front, pretty close to the centre. I went to the show myself back in the 80s and remember the front rows being low...am hoping we'll be in a decent spot. It's costing me $130+ to take my two kids to the show...a big investment for a family vacation. (Price is $39 ea but 'required' fees of about $5 ea.)

Anybody know if 4th row will be ok for kids who aren't yet "adult sized"?

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anne of green Gables the Musical

Noel: I don't think there will be any major problems but ideally you would want to be a bit further back than that. I would personally try and be somewhere around rows 10-15 but if you have already purchased your tickets I think it will be fine. The seats just very gradually go back so it can sometimes be difficult to see so close. Think of it like you were in the 4th row of a school musical although in this case the chairs are propped up an inch or two each row back.