We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confederation Trail

Germany
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Topic
Confederation Trail

I'll be in Charlottetown on June 27 2006 for about 5 hours (11.30am to 5pm). I've found information about the Confederation Trail. Is it possible to take a bus to Royalty Junction and walk back to Charlottetown (Grafton St.)?

Or do you have other ideas for walking/hiking? The trail should be easily accessible from the cruise ship terminal (within walking distance or public transport).

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confederation Trail

Hello there

The Confederation trail runs beside the cruise ship terminal, although wouldn't recommend taking a bus to Royalty Junction.

Would recommend walking the Confederation trail a little piece from the terminal, walking through the streets of Victoria Row in Charlottetown. There is also a scenic boardwalk in Victoria Park in Charlottetown, to access this from the terminal walk around the little shops at Peakes Quay and follow the blue line on the pavement/walkway.( this would be far more scenic than the piece of the confederation trail you had mentioned)

In my opinion the most impressive piece of the Confederation tail runs from Mount Stewart to St.Peters, which would take too much time for your short visit.

Any other Q's feel free to ask

Germany
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confederation Trail

>... this would be far more scenic than the piece of the confederation trail you had mentioned

I've read somewhere that it's 9 km from Royal Junction to Grafton Street, which should take 2-3 hours and there would still be time to take the bus. At least those were my thoughts but it seems that wasn't a good idea.

> In my opinion the most impressive piece of the Confederation tail runs from Mount Stewart to St. Peters, which would take too much time for your short visit.

I checked and of course you're right: 25 km walking plus getting there and back - no way I'd make it back in time.

> Would recommend walking the Confederation trail a little piece from the terminal, walking through the streets of Victoria Row in Charlottetown. There is also a scenic boardwalk in Victoria Park in Charlottetown ...

Unless somebody comes up with another idea that’s what I'm going to do. I'd rather go to the countryside than to visit a town.

Thanks for your help.

Saint John, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Confederation Trail

The area you are referring to is far from being considered "Country Side". all you will see are subdivisions, malls, and houses

cranbrook
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Confederation Trail

hello,

I think that the advise you have been giving is great! I love walking the boardwalk and there houses but there is a great amount of scenic things to check out!

5. Re: Confederation Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 04:15