We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

Which Charlottetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cataula
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

Planning a 3 province trip---it's falling together thanks to a lot of TA advisors. However, I'm stuck with accommodation in PEI. Thought we should stay in Charlottetown, but it seems pretty pricey, except for the Islander. However, it received some negative reviews from TA for noisy rooms---like all of you, I need my sleep when traveling. Does anyone out there have any suggestiions for lodgings? Doesn't have to be C-town. Thanks, GA

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
456 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

You could get something a little further out of the city. Have you considered a B&B or cottage? In Summerside there are two motels, the Cairns and the Sunny Isle, both are exceptional value and make the top 10 value hotels in Canada. I've stayed in both and would have no problem recommending either

Summerside is a little more west and a smaller city but still a good base to do touring. It's about 20 minutes to the North Shore and the popular tourist area of Cavendish. There are plenty of great beaches nearby like the less well known but beautiful beach at Cabot Park. Summerside is about a 45 minute drive to Charlottetown.

In Summerside there is a theatre where you can see the musical Anne & Gilbert, not as long running as the musical Anne of Green Gables that's been playing in Charlottetown but every bit as entertaining and professional.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

Depends what you conside pricey sherry. Did you check out Canada's Best Value Inn And Suites? Rates are $89 during peak season(Jun-Oct) or $69 off season(Oct-Jun). The place was completely renovated just this past year and if that price seems acceptable to you I'd jump on it canadasbestvalueinnpei.com/rates-special-off… It isn't located in the downtown core but you're talking a 5 minute drive to get there so obviously not far. There is also an Econo Lodge right in the same area as well, not sure of the rates but I would assume about the same http://econolodgepei.com/default.aspx. The locations in the downtown core are going to be your higher end properties and more expensive due to location. Staying at either of the two places I suggested will be far more economical and both have a grocery store right there so you can save some money on food rather than eating at restaurants.

Edited: 03 March 2012, 16:07
Cataula
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

I just checked it out---looks good. Thanks for taking the time to answer my request. I think I started at the high with The Great George Hotel and another Prince somebody hotel---both like $299/night. When looking at 12 nights total, that doesn't get us off to a good start! Thanks again. GA

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
103 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

The Islander changed hands and may be better now. There are a number of reasonable hotels/motels in Charlottetown and even better if you move outside the city center. There are at least 6 on 1 road about 2.5 miles from city center. Also 2-3 in Cornwall-North River Area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

Last year I was having the same problem as you and I found a place to stay in Cavendish, about half the price of Places in C-Town. About a 30-40 minute drive from C-Town, Cavendish had plenty to offer and see. The place I stayed wasn't on TA, I found it on their provincial tourist website. It was clean, reasonable and homey.

On mobile, check it out here:

http://m.tourismpei.com/pei-accommodation

Best of luck.

6. Re: new brunswick, PEI, & nova scotia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 10:34