We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebec whale watching in August

Toronto
Level Contributor
124 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Quebec whale watching in August

Hello,

I've been planing fortnight trip to Quebec.I think we would like to leave from our base here in Toronto sometimes around 1st or 2nd week of August.I wonder if we have better chance of seeing many whales at this time of year or would we increase our chances by postponing our trip let's say by couple of weeks or even a month.

Last year we visited Newfoundland in July and even though we took a whale watching boat in Twillingate we never saw one whale or even a iceberg so this time we want to meake sure that we spot at least one or couple of those big tail fins.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quebec whale watching in August

Early August is excellent in the lower Bay of Fundy; sometimes good in Nfld. I suspect it would be OK in the St. Lawrence as well but hope others can confirm this.

Jerry

2. Re: Quebec whale watching in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 14:28