We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket on Autoroute 20, Drummondville to Quebec City

New England
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket on Autoroute 20, Drummondville to Quebec City

We will be driving from the junction of Rt 55 to Quebec City on Rt 20 and need access to a very good supermarket which is close to the autoroute. Proximity to reasonable restaurant a plus, so that our drive from Boston to Quebec City is not too long.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket on Autoroute 20, Drummondville to Quebec City

We go the route your taking often. If you want to hit a supermarket before Drummondville there will be one just up on the left after you cross the border in Stanstead at either the first intersection or light. It is actually easier to see going south rather than north but it is there. I just checked Google maps and it will be marked either Route 247 or Boulevard Notre Dame. It is just a regular street though and it should be a very short distance up on your left. Take a left and then the supermarket will be on your left.

You may want to eat in that area also, or go just a little way up the road to Magog and find something there. You'll also see fast food places marked along the highway also. By the time you hit Route 20 you are getting so close to QC you may just want to wait and eat there, but if you can't you'll see rest areas which have food carts where you can get a snack, or you'll see this place, not too far outside Drummonville, whose name escapes me, which has all these displays in front of it, including dinosaurs, cars ,etc. It is like a big truck stop in the states. Anyway, they have a reasonable restaurant there.

Hope this helps.

JDP

New England
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket on Autoroute 20, Drummondville to Quebec City

I should explain my post a little better. Our aim is to be able to stock up on food etc for our apartment stay in Quebec City in the shortest possible time, so finding a good supermarket close to Autoroute 20 is essential. Previously we either stopped at the Metro in Magog (a few miles and some traffic away from 55) or at the Metro in St Foy, but as we stay in an apartment in the old port area of Quebec City and like to take Boulevard Champlain from the bridge, we'd like a quick on and off the highway stop.

New England
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket on Autoroute 20, Drummondville to Quebec City

JDP112456, Ah, you're thinking of Restaurant Madrid! I am not sure I would call it "reasonable", unless we caught it on a bad day. Thanks for the supermarket suggestion. Is it a reasonable size? We've been to several great supermarkets in Quebec, most of them Metros or IGAs and have been rather spoilt with the range and quality of the foods there. From our point of view these supermarkets are far superior to those we have here in MA, with the exception of Whole foods.

New England
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket on Autoroute 20, Drummondville to Quebec City

Found one!

Metro

755 boul. René-Levesque

Drummondville, Québec

Very close to Autoroute 20. This should do the trick!

5. Re: Supermarket on Autoroute 20, Drummondville to Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 06:18