Planning a winter Canadian vacation and was just wondering what would be the best route to see the east side of Canada.
Thinking of catching a plane from NY to Quebec City and doing (3-4 days) in Quebec. Then heading down to Montreal (3 days) and then onto Niagara Falls (1 day) and onto Toronto for (2 days) then flying to west coast. We don't really want to going round in circles would like to go one way and then fly to western side.
Ok here are the questions:
1. Is it cheaper to travel between eastern Canadain cities via train or plane?
2. What airline companies service the eastern cities?
3. How long and what cost would the rail trips between (Quebec & Montreal) & (Montreal & Niagara Falls) be?
4. What is Xmas time like in Quebec City?
5. Would we have allowed time to see enough things considering we thinking of travelling at Winter?
Anyhelp from experienced trippers is greatly welcomed....