We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

Cessnock, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

We are Australian and not keen to be driving right in to the thick of things if we can avoid it. Coming from the East we would like an area that is relatively easy to reach and where we can leave the car and get the bus if possible. I would also like recommendations for a moderately priced hotel.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

I'd be staying in Old Quebec myself...

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

Me too, it is the very best location.

What is moderately priced to you? There are lots of hotels to choose from.

Cessnock, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

That is a good question. I guess we would hope to get something that includes parking for no more than $150 per night. The old city sounds like an excellent idea.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

You may want to look at the Hotel Clarendon, especially on a site like Hotels.com or Expedia. It is located in the heart of Old Quebec, in Upper Town, about a block from the iconic Chateau Frontenac. Rooms can be on the small side, and the elevators are small, and too few, but overall it can be a very good value. Parking also would be about $15.00 dollars per day.

JDP

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,228 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

The Clarendon is a great budget suggestion, it has a prime location in the Upper town. Given the high prices in the old city, it is a great deal, if basic.

You would not need to get the bus anywhere from the hotel as everything is walking distance. Well except the Montmorency Falls.

Edited: 03 April 2013, 21:53
Cessnock, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

Thanks for your help. I will check that out.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

Also you won't have to valet park. The Clarendon is facing City Hall and there is a large underground parking below that building. That is, of course, if you are coming from elsewhere by car. Arriving by plane, train or bus, just take a cab to the hotel and voila! You will be right in the middle of everything. Even Montmorency Falls can be reached by public transportation. In Old Québec to help you negotiate the 200' + cliff there is the ever popular funicular and also the Ecolobus that tours around.

Cessnock, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

Thanks. I will take your advice.

9. Re: Where is the best area in Quebec City to stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 05:15