We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone visiting the "beautiful villages" of Quebec?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone visiting the "beautiful villages" of Quebec?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has visited the beautiful villages of quebec (www.beauxvillages.qc.ca/website_english.htm)? Any recommendations on what might be a nice village to stay in? Am thinking of staying near/around Frelighsburg village (…frelighsburg.qc.ca/pages_anglais/the_villag…), would that be a good choice?

Thanks

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone visiting the "beautiful villages" of Quebec?

Very interesting website which I had not seen before. I did spot one village, St. Jean on Ile d'Orleans. The island is very pastoral, and beautiful, with 5 or 6 little villages in all. There are some nice inns, restaurants, 3 wineries, and some orchards. We've stayed on the island before at La Goeliche in St. Petonilee and I would highly recommend it. The island is only 15 minutes or so outside Quebec City, but it seems much farther once you are on it.

JDP

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone visiting the "beautiful villages" of Quebec?

What time of year do you plan to be in Québec? Frelishburg, Knowlton and many villages and small towns in the Eastern Townships are really beautiful in September/October... and much less busy with tourists than the Laurentians.

We have a very small wine route that is nice to visit at the same time of year. http://www.laroutedesvins.ca/en/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone visiting the "beautiful villages" of Quebec?

We are hoping to be there end of August for a couple of days, driving down from Toronto. The plan is to visit Montreal as well. I was looking for a nice village we could stay as base accommodation as we do day trips to investigate the surrounding region... And I could not find any reviews or sites that recommended any particular area of Quebec that is worth visiting - it seems all the villages are equally beautiful! :)

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone visiting the "beautiful villages" of Quebec?

Look at bonjourquebec.com.

JDP

5. Re: Has anyone visiting the "beautiful villages" of Quebec?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:18