We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in Feb

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling in Feb

We are doing a destination wedding in Mont Tremblant in Feb. Yes, people think we are crazy having a winter wedding in Canada but we are super excited.

As far as the honeymoon Feb. 10-15 we want to spend time in the Quebec area. We will be driving (4wd) and other than Mont Tremblant we don't know the area at all. We are both 30 and enjoy activities, pubs, and not really into the museum stuff.

Originally we were thinking of driving to Montreal for a few days, then to Niagara Falls or Burlington, VT,or someplace as we made our way back south to MD. Then we found out that the Carnaval de Quebec is happening during this time and thought maybe we should do Quebec City?

Any suggestions on a fun route, places to stay, things to do, and places to eat would greatly be appreciated!

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in Feb

First off, congratulations!!

Second, to better help, what is your time frame again? Are you driving both up and back to Maryland, and you have 5 days to honeymoon. Is that correct? Once we get a better idea of your schedule then we can help with appropriate suggestions.

JDP

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in Feb

Thank you!

Yes we are driving to and From Maryland. We will be getting to Mont Tremblant on Tuesday Feb. 4 and will stay there until Monday Feb.10.

Our travel/honeymoon dates will be Monday Feb.10-14 (Friday) allowing travel day on the Saturday, 15th for back to Maryland. We could possible add a day on either end (start on Sunday the 9th and/or end Saturday the 15th) depending on suggested routes.

As we are driving without any reservations we are flexible with the dates and the drive to Mont Tremblant is only 10-12 hours which we have driven before.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling in Feb

Ok then. Quebec City and Winter Carnival would be terrific, the problem for you, as I see it, is time and distance. 5 to 6 hour drive from Tremblant to QC. That also adds to your distance going back. And none of this includes extra time for bad weather. I'm going under the belief you know how to drive in snow. Many here will caution against it if your experience is limited.

And before I forget, Niagra would be too far out of the way to make any sense in my opinion.

From a pratical standpoint, look at the Eastern Townships, about an hour southeast of Montreal, www.eaterntownships.org. Great inns, B & B's places to eat, sking, etc. Manoir Hovey, situated on a beautiful lake in N. Hately, would be ideal. From there you could head back home going down 91 through Vermont, MA & CT, before hitting 95 and heading south.

Another alternative, Lake Placid in the Adirondacks in New York. Not far off 87 and a winter destination if there ever was one.

Again, if you had the time ,and factored in additional time for weather delays, Quebec City during carnival would be great. Otherwise, the other suggestions are pretty good and I'm sure others will offer some additional ones as well.

JDP

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling in Feb

Quebec City is four hours from Tremblant. I do it all the time.

5. Re: Traveling in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:17