We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location to stay in Old Quebec

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Best location to stay in Old Quebec

Just wondering where the best location is to stay in Old Quebec? We will be there for Christmas this year and don't know whether to stay near Champlain Boulevard, on the Marina or more in the middle of the town? We would like to be close to all fo the action and the cafes and restaurants. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,549 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location to stay in Old Quebec

Le Château Frontenac at Christmas time is really good.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location to stay in Old Quebec

While the Frontenac is always my top recommendation for a hotel as well, for a more general answer, if the Frontenac does not fit your budget or needs, is to stay first in the Old City, which predominately is within the walls. Second, the Old City is divided between Upper and Lower Town. Most recommend, like my self, staying in Upper Town, where the Frotenac is. There are more lodging options, restaurants, shops, cafes, etc., and it is easily accessible to areas just outside the walls, such as the restaurants along Grand Allee. Lower Town is terrific also, but smaller and quieter, with fewer options, especially at night.

JDP

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best location to stay in Old Quebec

I totally agree with JDP, the upper part of the old town is my favourite location. More going on and much easier walking to everything. Also very easy to visit the lower town.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best location to stay in Old Quebec

I'll third JDP's post. Upper Town in the Old City is the prime locale.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best location to stay in Old Quebec

My husband and I were there last week and stayed at Augberge Place d'Armes for four nights. Fantastic location, great hotel, wonderful service including delicious breakfasts! This was our first trip to Quebec and thanks to all the help we received from the destination experts, it was up there with one of our best trips. Will definitely return.

6. Re: Best location to stay in Old Quebec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:18