We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Québec and Montreal in September

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Québec and Montreal in September

Planning on a trip to Québec city and Montreal in September

I speak fluent French and plan on spending 3 days in QC and 4 in Montreal

I'll be travelling on my own and do not drive.

I like shopping, learning about different cultures, food. I like walking but don't like hiking. I enjoy going to theatres and museums and I like going to gigs.

What would you recommend seeing/doing in these cities?

Also what is the weather like around mid September? I hope the temperature doesn't drop too low!

Also where are best places to stay? I would consider hostels but I do prefer my own room and shower. Not will to spend more than $140 per night. I would like to be in close proximity of the attractions/shops/restaurants.

Advice please

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Québec and Montreal in September

Weather: unpredictable, one year it can be very rainy and another it can be summer like. Temperatures are usually pretty warm in the daytime though.

Walking: you will be in walking heaven! Old Québec City is very compact and, even with a 200' + cliff in the middle it is easy to get around. Montréal is, of course, more spread out but most of the downtown, Old Montréal and Latin Quarter areas are easy to walk and farther away you have a great transit system that can bring you to those destinations easily.

Lodging. both Montréal and Québec City official hostels have private rooms. The one in Québec is in a great location but the one in Montréal is not badly located and smack in downtown.

Attractions: I advise you to look at the Things to Do section in the green ribbon at the top of this page and you will see what Montréal has to offer. Select what appeals to you and then come back here for validation.

2. Re: Québec and Montreal in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:19