We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Lights?

Ga
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Northern Lights?

Any chance of seeing them in early June in La Mauricie or in Quebec area?

Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,108 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Lights?

Hi PlaneJaneGa;

While a more northern location will be of some help in seeing them, there is never any guarantee. Areas that are not subject to “light pollution” are the best.

The most often times to see the Aurora is from September to October and from March to April. Usually the best time of night (on clear nights) is midnight local time.

For more information;

http://www.northernlightscentre.ca/

spectacularnwt.com/whattodo/…aurorawatch

Best Regards

Mont Tremblant...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Lights?

Yup don't count on it!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,094 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Lights?

In 24 years I have seen them twice. They are rare.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
706 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northern Lights?

I've seen some in Parc de la Mauricie 10 years ago during a no-moon mid-July night. That impressed me at that time, but I can now say they were so tame compared to auroras that can be seen under the aurora circle! (I've been to Yellowknife , NWT, for five nights late February 2014, and that was incredibile!)

2014 is a year on the end of peak of sun's cycle activity, so you might be lucky, if you have clear and dark nights...

5. Re: Northern Lights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:17