We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving between Quebec City and Portland, ME

Connecticut
Level Contributor
68 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Driving between Quebec City and Portland, ME

We will be in QC in mid August and driving back to Portland, Maine. It looks like the most direct way is route 73 in Quebec to route 201 in Maine. How long will this actually take? And is this the best way, or most scenic way? I'd like to leave QC in the late morning and get to Portland by dinner time. Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving between Quebec City and Portland, ME

Google maps puts the time at 5h12minutes.....

https://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&gl=ca&daddr=Portland,+ME,+USA&saddr=Quebec,+QC&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&geocode=KZOI2wWKlrhMMQM66PBjLcWP;KS3usKpynLJMMSn6cjO1tp1-&dirflg=d&sa=X&ei=Ce3QU9X8CeqO8gHo_4DIDg&ved=0CBoQ-A8wAQ

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving between Quebec City and Portland, ME

It might be longer than that. You are going through some small towns on 201, which is also a logger's route so you might get stuck behind a logger's truck as well. But yes, you leave mid morning you should still be in Portland around 6.

JDP

3. Re: Driving between Quebec City and Portland, ME

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16