We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Storage at the Train Station...

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Baggage Storage at the Train Station...

I'm checking out the VIARail website, and it says the Central Station has a place to store my baggage. I'm just double-checking with you guys to know that that service actually exists. Any problems I may encounter when dropping off my luggage there?

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage Storage at the Train Station...

RS3

In addition to replies here, you can always call Via at 1 888 842-7245 or 514-989-2626. Looks like the baggage storage room is available 7a-9:15p Mon-Fri and 7:30a-9:15p Sat-Sun.

Prohibited luggage - whether on a train or simply in their baggage room - is likely the same: www.viarail.ca/planner/en_plan_baga_inte.html

ottawa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage Storage at the Train Station...

It cost $3 per luggage; you have an option if you’re traveling by train – assigned seating for a porter to bring your luggage onto the train for you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage Storage at the Train Station...

I am taking a train to Toronto that evening, and I bought my ticket already, but I don't know of any reserved seating (or maybe I have to check my confirmation e-mail again). How does the porter thing work?

ottawa
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage Storage at the Train Station...

If you purchase your ticket online you will see a description like this “Wi-Fi Internet available on board, Express train, Assigned seats”. If you selected “assigned seats”, your ticket will display the train and seat number in the upper right corner.

You can drop off your luggage at the train station’s luggage storage which cost $3 per luggage assuming within the weight criteria – but you have to return and claim your luggage prior to boarding.

Alternatively, a VIA rail personnel can direct you to a porter which will ask for your ticket and place the luggage on your seat, your seat over head compartment, or the train luggage storage area in the front of the train that your on – you pay the porter directly $3 per luggage.

5. Re: Baggage Storage at the Train Station...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 20:18