We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Montreal

NY, NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving in Montreal

How is driving around the city? Will it be a pain if we arrive by car?

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Montreal

It is very easy to get in and out of the city, plus well marked once you cross the border. From Boston the drive is about 6 to 6 and a half hours. From NYC I think add another hour. I would guess you would be going straight up 87. The only delay of course is customs. It is usually qucker going into Canada and a bit slower coming out.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Montreal

It's not difficult to drive around in the city but it can be slow. Unless you're planning to travel outside the city core, you might be better off walking or taking the metro. You'll probably save a lot of time stuck in traffic and/or looking for parking.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Montreal

I misinterrupted your question. As I said previously, driving into and out of the city is easy, but I agree with the previous post. It is so easy to get around by foot, metro, or a short cab ride, leave your car the the hotel.

4. Re: Driving in Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 22:16