We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable hotel

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable hotel

Hi

We will be staying in Montreal for a weekend near the end of September. We will be arriving by Via Rail and will be attending a concert at the Bell Centre the first night we are there.

Can anyone suggest an affordable/cheap but clean hotel? We'd prefer to stay near the Bell centre or train station, but since we will also be Sightseeing, we are open to staying in other areas.

We would greatly appreciate any tips! Thanks!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable hotel

What is your budget?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable hotel

Anywhere between $70 and $150 per night

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable hotel

Hello

The Maritime Plaza (http://www.hotelmaritime.com/) is near the Bell Centre and sometime has good prices on it's rooms.

The Hotel A2K (www.a2khotel.com) is also nearby. The Travelodge Montreal Centre (www.travelodgemontreal.ca) is not as close to the Cell Centre but it's near the metro and near the old part of town.

There's also Hotel Jazz (www.hoteljazzmontreal.com) and the Auberge Le Pomerol (www.aubergelepomerol.com)which at in the Latin Quarter.

And all these hotels are near a metro station.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable hotel

I just looked at the reviews of the hotels I suggested, and a lot of people were unhappy with Travelodge...

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable hotel

Try the Quality Inn on Crescent. Thats where we usually end up staying. We've never paid more than $150/night. It's a short walk to the Bell Centre and an easy walk from the train station as well.

It's a basic hotel and the rooms are large and clean.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable hotel

Thanks for all your suggestions!! I'll look into these.

Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable hotel

As I have suggested before in here I'd check into Hotwire.com I use it everytime I visit. As long as you get something downtown it will be at least close to a metro station.

Currently 4 Stars for the last weekend in September are $96 a night. I have gotten the Hyatt twice and Sheraton once which I'm assuming are much better than Travel Lodge.

It may seem a little odd paying before you know what you are getting, but that is what the whole site is about and if you receive anything below your standard they will offer to cancel the transaction.

If you check out the map it shows you the boundaries of where the hotel can be located which is a confined are downtown.

8. Re: Affordable hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 04:19