We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning for Brossard stay

St. Joseph, MO
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Planning for Brossard stay

I have a weekend visit to Montreal planned. I'm flying in and planning to rent a car because I plan to go at least one place out of town. I'd like to stay at a Choice (Comfort, Quality, Clarion) hotel because of a points promotion, although I could decide differently. With this plan, it looks like the best for a low price and decent TA reviews is the Comfort Inn Montreal South in Brossard. If I stay there, on a weekend can I drive into downtown Montreal and find reasonable parking? Or would I consider parking by a metro station shortly across the bridge from Brossard? Or another option?

My return flight to the U.S. is at 8.30 a.m. Monday. When should I leave Brossard, considering rush hour traffic and U.S. border controls at Dorval?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning for Brossard stay

We are Choice members too and stay at the Quality Inn downtown on Crescent Street. Its in a great location and you won't have to rent a car. The rooms are large and clean. I would highly suggest doing this vs. staying in the suburbs.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning for Brossard stay

Hi Rove312,

I second VTER's comments, I am also a Choice Points member, and would look for a location on island. There are so many hotels in the Program now that I would think you could find something in your price range. With the wonderful Metro system, you don't necessarily have to be downtown per se, but being close to the line will give you more options when looking for a hotel.

That said, yes the Brossard location is workable... but it is a hassle getting back and forth from the south shore especially seeing as your flight is on a Monday morning. According to Google Maps you are about 30 Kms or 30 minutes from Dorval and the Airport. Of course those numbers don't account for traffic... I would say allow at least one hour for the trip on a Monday morning add that to the clearance / arrival time that International Flights now require, and well you'll be getting up VERY EARLY.

I think staying downtown looks far more convenient and attractive.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

St. Joseph, MO
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning for Brossard stay

I do want to have the car for something out of town, even if I just have it for Sunday afternoon; at that point I'll have paid for a day's rental, which would be cheaper than the taxi I would need to get to the airport at my departure hour, so even if I pick up a car downtown on Sunday, I might as well return it at the airport Monday.

I'm thinking that even staying downtown, the two-day rental for which I have a quote of $60 all-in is a good deal. (The airport bus, just to the bus station, is $15, right?) I'll consider my options: maybe forget the Choice plan, just have a "mattress run" near home for the third stay of the promotion. Maybe try Priceline and hope I don't get a place that charges too much for parking.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning for Brossard stay

Hi Rove312,

On the other hand... I did read the reviews on the Hotel you are considering (mind you it took a little bit of time to find it as it is listed under Boucherville and not Brossard), and it looks like it gets good reviews. Better than many of the other Choice Hotel properties downtown.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

St. Joseph, MO
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning for Brossard stay

Thanks. I have been going back and forth, but now I'm still inclined to stay in Brossard. So, any thoughts about parking on Sunday convenient to Vieux Montreal?

6. Re: Planning for Brossard stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 17:21