We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curling

St. Louis, MO
5 posts
Save Topic
Curling

I'm coming in town from the US. May not have a car in MOntreal. Know somewhere I can go curling? Or any places in Quebec City?

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curling

Curling is, well popular!! I tried finding time at local "sheets" but was told that there was no availability. Most times are taken up by leagues, leaving little opportunities for the uninitiated to try. I was told to return between Christmas and New Years, when leagues are on a break.

Then I guess you have to locate someone willing to help you out. I found curling clubs (I've been to two only) to be extremely close knit. I imagine it would be very difficult to break in.

But try the curling web sites for Mtl and Qc City. You may get lucky. Good luck.

p.s. it's pretty much the hardest game I ever played...

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Curling

I think you are going to find this a fairly fruitless search. Curling is generally a private club, seasonal fee sport. Here in Ottawa, for example, of the more than 10 curling rinks, only one, a city-owned facility, offers ���pay-as-you-play��� curling. And Ottawa is much more of a curling hotbed than is Montreal. You may want to look at the Ville de Montr��al website to see if there is a similar city-owned facility.