We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel rooms with brick walls

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hotel rooms with brick walls

i lost it! i recall looking at hotel that all the rooms had red brick walls and beautiful bathrooms. does anyone know which hotel i am talking about, i believe it is old montreal, not downtown, but i am not sure

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel rooms with brick walls

...perhaps you mean www.hotelgault.com or www.hotelplacedarmes.com or www.lesanssoucy.com or le petit prince at www.montrealbandb.com or www.bonsmatins.com or...

As you might have guessed, brick walls aren't that hard to find in this city...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel rooms with brick walls

Hotel Nelligan has brick walls and beautiful bathrooms :)

http://www.hotelnelligan.com/index_en.php

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel rooms with brick walls

thank you, i think the one i saw specifically was Nelligan. I also read somewhere that in 2007 they expended Nelligan, is this true? anyone stay there since?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel rooms with brick walls

Yes, Hotel Nelligan was expanded in 2007. There is now a "new section" and the "original section". You should note that the rooms in the two sections are quite different. The rooms in the new section feature a much more modern and minimalist decor while the original section likely resembles the photos that you had seen before; when booking your reservations, you should specify to the hotel which section you prefer and they will try their best to accommodate (but likely cannot guarantee this).

Some of the other differences between the old and new sections include: (a) the new section contains more modern bathroom fixtures and a more modern jacuzzi; (b) the new rooms tend to be darker in general (i.e. lighting is darker); (c) the new rooms have thicker curtains that help to keep the morning sunlight out, if you like to sleep in; and (d) there are some in the new section that do not face rue St-Paul or rue St-Sulpice; these rooms tend to be quieter if you prefer to sleep in late in the morning.

Hope this helps.

Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel rooms with brick walls

Could it have been Le Relais Lyonnais?

http://www.lerelaislyonnais.com/

6. Re: hotel rooms with brick walls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 06:23