We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location In Montreal - Central

The US
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Location In Montreal - Central

Hi,

You guys have been so lovely helping me out with address locations in Montreal... I have one final address to ask about:

1081 St Alexandre street between Rene Levesque and de la Gauchetiere.

I was wondering if this location is central and close to cafes etc. For instance is it walking distance to cafes, major streets, Latin Quarter, St Denis etc. Is it located in a busy area/street and lastly, is it safe?

Thanks!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location In Montreal - Central

It's safe, near Chinatown, easy 10 minute walk to the heart of rue St. Catherine, or to Old Montreal.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,052 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Location In Montreal - Central

Actually, that little stretch of St-Alexandre street is particularly pretty -- old converted warehouses, facing a nice church and a little park, tucked away, right downtown but very quiet. Not the sunniest around, but hey. The Daylight Factory restaurant in the beautiful Unity Building just south of de la Gauchetière was fantastic when it opened, don't know what the quality is like now. And on Beaver Hall Hill is the Chien Chaud Victoire, which is a hot dog place that is a Montreal institution, plus a few other restaurants but nothing absolutely fantastic. If you just want coffee, the closest would be in the CDP building facing Place Riopelle -- there's an entrance off of Viger.

It's about a 20-minute walk to St-Denis and the Latin Quarter, and I'd suggest going along de la Gauchetière street, which takes you through Chinatown and is a nice quiet way to head east from downtown since it has hardly any traffic.

For safety: stop asking that question, since you'll keep on getting the same response no matter what neighbourhood you mention! See tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155032-s206/Montreal…

3. Re: Location In Montreal - Central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 08:30