We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Presidents club question

Albany, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
605 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fairmont Presidents club question

I recently enrolled in this club after reading many reviews on T/A. How does one go about getting an upgrade? I am considering both Fairmont properties in Quebec City & Montreal. I also posted this on the Q/C forum..1bull

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Presidents club question

I have only seen the upgrades during sales or promotions that I have received. Beyond that you would either have to pay or be lucky when you ask at the desk. As it is a free program to enroll in, it is not anything amazing. As you stay more often though I would suspect you would become eligible for more perks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Presidents club question

Hi 1Bull,

Welome to the MONTREAL TRAVEL FORUM.

Mostly you get special promotions (and some of them do include FREE Upgrades) the promotions are only available to Members, and sent to you by Email.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... Hopefully JDP112456 will stop by either here or in the QUEBEC CITY TRAVEL FORUM (he is a DE for Quebec City), I know he has been a Presidents Club Member for a very long time, and probably has some more info to add to this topic.

Edited: 02 June 2010, 18:45
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
362 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont Presidents club question

Since there are so many people that join the FPC program you don't really get an automatic upgrade. You should still ask at check in because if the hotel is not to busy they don't usually mind giving upgrades to new members.

Once you attend the Premier or Platinum level memberships which is usually after 10 stays in a year you then get complimentary upgrades to suites for no charge. You get 5 certificates for upgrades with the Premier level and 10 with Platinum.

4. Re: Fairmont Presidents club question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2010, 06:29