We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

We wil be staying on Rue de Breubeuf by Parc Laurier for one week in June. Could anyone recommend restaurants in the area. We like to eat any kind of good food at all price points. Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

In that area, there are 3 streets with restaurants. Mont-Royal Ave, Laurier Ave and Saint-Denis street. At that level, there is little on Saint-Denis but a little walk south-wards will reveal more.

-St-Viateur Bagel, on Mont-Royal, is a staple in Montreal. You can grab fresh bagels made by the dozen or have a bagel sandwich. The best is smoked salmon and cream cheese. When the bagel is still warm from the oven... heavenly!!!!

-La Salle a manger on Mont-Royal is a French bistro. It's a very hip place, you go for the atmosphere! If you have young kids or fussy teens, i would not go there. The prices are mid-high. It's open very late and has a extensive wine list.

-Byblos Cafe on Laurier. It's a persian cafe. The breakfast there is very good and very "westernized", though they will have feta, pita bread, halva and things like this. Very nice! For lunch or supper time, i do not think they have very good persian food (but i am part iranian and i have high standards).

-Le Fromentier is well known. It's a bakery/ cheese shop. I often see it on the news or local food critics. I am not aware if there is seating but you could perhaps grab some to eat at the park, make it a picnic.

2. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 08:30