We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
301 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

Hi guys!

I'm going to see Quidam on December 26th at the Bell Centre. I was wondering if anyone here has ever gone to an arena show at Bell.

First of all! Is there any discount trustworthy site I can use to buy tickets for the show?

I couldn't decide the seats using the Cirque Tribune fan forum.

This is the seating chat (2tickets.ca/images_salles/centre_bell_cirque…).

I'm thinking of 4 possibilities:

(A) Rouge A - It is very central but some people told me that it can be very very far from the stage. Is that true?

(B) Rouge B - If I stay in the central are of Rouge B will get me the same problem from Rouge A. Some people told me that it may be better to stay close to the stage and get a view from the side (sections 114, 115, 123 or 124). Anyone confirming that? Also if you seat on the back rows you may see the show from above, may is HORRIBLE since Quidam is an aerial show.

(C) Parterre A - People seems to like this one, but there is no pitch between the chairs, so if there's a tall guy in front of you it may be boring. Another thing is that you can't see the floor of the stage. Anybody to tell me how it is?

(D) Parterre B - Same problem of Parterre A, but in a bigger scale becase there will be more people in front of you.

Anybody here to tell the experience with the previous shows at Bell Centre (Saltimbanco / Alegria) or at another arena alike?

Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,645 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

Sorry I haven't seen Quidam under an arena (in fact Mtl will be the first place where the arena version is presented). and for me it is, with, Corteo the worst of the touring show to be presented in an arena.

I simply can't understand it because their award winning set for this show is a marvel of technology (I saw Corteo the first time with an engineer) and I really don't how it can fit in such an environment, it is beyound me and beyound my friend. They should have taken the so so Kooza instead since this show is much closer to circus traditions.

Well anyways from my experience at the forum I would take the Red B from section 117 to 121 and since both 117 and 121 have a lower part and a higher one I would take the lower. The only plus in an arena is that you won't have any masts holding the tent that can block your views from some sections.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
301 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

Other opinions?

Anybody knows how many rows are there on the sectors? I cannot find a chart that shows that information.

Is there any way to get discount tickets?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

I've seen Saltimbanco at the Bell Center. Tickets were a gift and i didnt have very good seats, but Cirque du Soleil happens as much on the ground as in the air, particularly Quidam. And the show doesnt "face" any direction in particular, so its not really that important to be in front.

115-123 are great, you would see most of the things on stage. If you're in the Rouge A, you will see the details of the costumes better but might have to crane your neck a little when the numbers are in the air.

I never buy my tickets from a discount site, i usually only buy directly from the source or Reseau Admission. No particular reason for that. I just haven't found good discounts for CdS on other sites.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
301 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

Thanks for the answer!

What about the number of rows on the sectors? This is very important since the official website doesn't let me choose the exact location of the seats.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

Exactly? I don't know.

Here is an actual picture of the room. At a CdS show, there would be little to no seats on the floor, it would be replaced by a larger scene that would reach, as you saw, the dark red seats.

http://centrebell.ca/en/page/seating_chart

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
301 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

Yeah! I saw that chart earlier!

I said 'exactly' because the official website lets me choose between sectors, but it does not show the exact location of the seat.

For example:

I choose Red A and the website told me it has found seats on SECTION 118 - Row CC - Seats 7-8

I know where Section 118 is but I have absolutely no idea of the place of row CC (front/back?) and seats 7-8 (left/right?).

Edited: 18 October 2010, 01:56
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
301 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

No one?

8. Re: Cirque du Soleil Quidam at Bell Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:16