We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Good Dinner

Texas
Level Contributor
2,733 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Good Dinner

Just realized we don't arrive at our hotel, Marriott Chateau Champlain, until Sunday night about 7:30 PM. Is there a good restaurant, (not a chain), nearby, preferably walking or quick taxi ride, we can go to right after we check in.

Also, are there any good breakfast places nearby?

Thank you!

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Good Dinner

Baton rouge nearby. It is a small local chain. If not try da Vinci on bishop street in a nice Victorian house. 10 minute walk from hotel. You have plenty of choices nearby.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,034 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Good Dinner

You can walk less than 10 minutes and be in one of the centers of the Mtl nightlife on Crescent street with many kind of restaurants around. Closer, it is a chain but offers exactly what you might want after traveling, is an outlet of Saint-Hubert in Windsor Station, just next door really. It is a rotisserie chain and chicken has been their specialty since 1952 so a local institution. But their menu has almost anything else but the kitchen sink on hand.

One place that I like in the area is Le Milsa on Bishop street, just one block west of Crescent. It is a Brazilian churascaria (steakhouse) that offer all you can eat of 10 different meats. Full dinner is $30 but be easy on the booze as it is where they make their money.

Breakfast just locate the recent thread Breakfast Places on this forum for my suggestions. Sorry but I cannot duplicate as my cut/paste function doesn't work at the moment.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Good Dinner

You're right downtown, so small neighbourhood restaurants aren't that easy to find, though I'm surprised by my colleague's suggestions for Baton Rouge and Saint-Hubert which are both chains. I'd add the Taverne Dominion to the list, and if you want to splurge, Europea is spectacular, though perhaps not what you mean by "easy" :)

4. Re: Easy Good Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:17