We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free outdoor concerts

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Free outdoor concerts

My husband & I will be in Montreal June 29th-July 2nd.

The schedule for the free outdoor concerts during the Jazz Festival is out.

I'm not familiar with most of the names listed. Can anyone tell me which are the most worthwhile performances for the 29th & 30th? We will most likely spend July 1st in Old Montreal for Canada Day.

Delray Beach...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free outdoor concerts

Hello mjoe,

would you mind posting the link to where I can find these free outdoor concerts? I will be in Montreal at the same time as you.

Many thanks!

J

Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free outdoor concerts

Go to this link. Notice the calendar to the right of the screen. Under the calendar select "Free concerts", click on the date that interest you & you will get the list for that day.

www.montrealjazzfest.com/default-en.aspx

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free outdoor concerts

Hello - Many of the free shows are little-known, yet terrific, bands from all over the world, so perhaps it will be hard to find someone on this forum who has heard them play before. The free outdoor venues are stages set up in the street, or in an open lot, and are fairly close together, so it is easy to wander from one to the other if you want to try something different. It is very informal and if you don't like the music on one stage, you can just go and listen to another. That said, you could always Google some of the groups that sound most interesting to you and find out more about them in advance.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,631 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free outdoor concerts

Not only Google but YouTube too.

Yes just wandering around that is except for the big nightime events on Place des Festival that can attract 50,000 people.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free outdoor concerts

I don't know any of the free concert bands. But as the others said, usually most people just wander from stage to stage and stick around when there is a good show. The stages are close enough that you can walk quickly from one to the other, but far enough that the sounds dont quite mix over each other :)

6. Re: Free outdoor concerts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 03:19