We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

I almost cannot believe that a city this size has a hard time accomodating a crowd for a concert. I guess the hotels have room but the prices are through the roof?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

There are rooms available from $55 a night and up, assuming you want two nights. Even a few under $100 that you might get me to stay at, if I had a car. It all depends on where you look and what you want to spend.

Take my word for it, these prices aren't through the roof at all.... nothing compared to Grand Prix prices.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

I am from Montreal and I keep hearing over and over again how hard it is to find a place etc, I was really starting to wonder. I was going to rent out my couch!

I know it was something else for the grand prix weekend. Again most of the spectators were foreign seeing that Montreal was the only stop on the GP Circuit on this side of the globe. I was a little baffled as to why tourists would have a hard time with hotels when it is only a concert. Yes a big concert, but just a concert!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

The Aloft at the airport is $95 a night and has rooms. The Roberval at $125 a night and the Labelle at $134 a night are acceptable hotels for that price range. And still plenty of room at places like the Delta, Holiday Inn, Nouvel, Omni, Meridien, etc etc etc. They just aren't looking, or they are limiting themselves to a particular area. Heck, even the W which you would expect to fill with Bono fans has rooms... okay, they are over $400 a night, but that's what you pay when you want to stay at the W. (Parking extra.)

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

Don't forget that the concerts are in the midst of the festival season so there are soooo many things going around that the U-2 concerts are just the cherry on top of the sundae. But, considering the rest and the fact that this a really big cherry, it is not surprising that hotels are trying their best to milk as much money as they can without annoying their regular clients that comes yearly for the festivals.

The statistics for the concerts indicates that one fourth of the fans are from outside of the metropolitan area and, in those, more than 20,000 are from out of the province.

So let's assume that 24,000 will need accomodation and, if they pile up at 4 per rooms, it still makes for a need of 6,000 rooms!

Edited: 26 June 2011, 17:25
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

ok then I will rent out my couch! just joking.

It is so great to see Montreal hosting so many fun events. I love this city.

6. Re: Are accomodations for the U2 concert that hard to come by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 07:18