We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal aquapark

Calgary, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Montreal aquapark

someone told me that there is a great aquapark in Montreal, does anyone know what its called?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal aquapark

Sorry but there are no aquaparks in Montreal proper the closest ones will be in Pointe Calumet or Saint-Sauveur. Superaquaclub (Calumet) is 33 kms from Montreal and Saint-Sauveur 62 kms from Mtl.

Across the Ontario border there is the Calypso Aquapark that boast to be the biggest themed aqua park in Canada but it is much closer to Ottawa than to Mtl as it is 132 kms from "La Métropole"

Calgary, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal aquapark

thanks for the info, i must have been misinformed

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal aquapark

We are headed to Parc Safari tomorrow and they apparently have a new waterpark of sorts. If you'd like I can post a review of what its like tomorrow night.

Parc Safari is 1/2 hour or so south of Montreal on the border.

http://www.parcsafari.com/en/cool-zone.htm

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montreal aquapark

@Vter

"...new waterpark of f sorts..." Yes you were right in adding that but please don't just post a review in the Things to Do section because they must be checked by the forums moderators before being released so either come back on this thread and give us an idea of your experience or send a private message to Clarice1006.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montreal aquapark

Definitely was planning on coming back to the thread as well as doing a review under the venue. We're looking forward to it. Supposed to be a nice day!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Montreal aquapark

Hi vter and clarice,

I just wanted to add that Parc safari is 1 hour away from montreal excluding any traffic (and if you know montreal in the summer, you know traffic is ever present).

That little correction aside, it does indeed have a water parc and it's a nice zoo. If you have a family with young children and access to a car, i recommend you do the sidetrip.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Montreal aquapark

It really takes an hour to Parc Safari from Montreal? Wow...doesn't look that far! :) But yes...traffic.

Anyway...the water park is small but nice. Geared toward the under 12 crowd as far as pools/slides. Nice lazy river too.

Granby Zoo has a water park too.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Montreal aquapark

Well, for those of us who drive a corolla and attempt to respect the speed limit, yeah it takes an hour ;-)

9. Re: Montreal aquapark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 03:16