We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

Hi there. I'm driving from the US and I'm staying 3 nights at Le Westin Montreal. From what I've read, the only parking option at the hotel is valet only and costs about C$ 27 per day. Does anyone know if I have a cheaper option near the hotel that is safe to park overnight? The hotel address is "250 Saint-Antoine West, Montreal, QC H2Y 0A3"

I'm going there for pleasure and hoping the hotel location is good enough from me not to use the car during my stay.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
508 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

You can park directly across from the hotel at the Palais de Congres (underground). It is not all that much cheaper, however. I believe that it is $18 per night , if there are no special events going on. Note that there is no in/out privileges if you park at the Palais de Congres whereas the price at the Westin does include in/out privileges.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

In Montréal a car can be a nuisance, so it is much better to stow it away for the whole time and buy a 3 days / 72 hours transit pass. The métro has stations close to your hotel and will connect you with most of the trourist attractions (well you will have to catch a bus to go to Mount Royal Park) and you wil be just at the border of Old Montreal so very walkable. Two large indoor parkings nearby, one in Palais des Congrès aka Convention Center and the other one in the Caisse de Dépôt building.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

@Montreal_boy & rickb: Thanks for your the info. Yes, I was debating whether i should just stow away the car for the 3 days or use to drive to get to places on some day. from what I read, the metro is closed aaround 1 or 1:30am on weekends so i think my options of getting back to the hotel late night probably just to take a cab.

Just check Palais des congres and the parking is that cheaper, it's C$22 for 2 hour parking.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

I am sure that there are daily rates that are cheaper than that. Thas is unless, like MontrealBoy wrote, that there is a large convention going on. It is so close anyways that you could check upon arrival but we had no feedbacks here about the fact that it wa as expensive as an hotel parking.

As per late transportation yes cabs late at night are the solution and from the Crescent dtreet entertainment area it wil cost you around $10 while it will be even cheaper from the Saint-Laurent nightlife section.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

@rickb: Can the cab in Montreal be found easily and flagged down late night? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question. Also, how much would it cost from Latin Quarter back to Westin? Thanks again for your answer.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

Cost same as the other two areas that I mentioned.

No problem getting a cab late, plenty at all times on the streets. The only dicey part would be around bar closing time, i.e. 3 a.m. I would say that from a quarter to to half past it will be much less easy.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

Unfortunately that whole area is expensive during week days at is in the prime banking (whats lef of it) and busines district. Most of the parking lots charge close to 300$/monthly to locals for parking, so don't feel like the hotel is gouging too heavily.

That said, it depends how vested you are in saving money. You can use the city lots at the Old Port (about 6-7 long blocks away), but the overnight security issue is debateable.

Are you driving up to Montreal, or renting a car? If renting, AVIS will allow you to pick up at the airport and drop downtown without extra fees and vice versa.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
508 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

I agree with Meridius...in the grand scheme of things, I think the hotel charges are relatively reasonable rate for parking. All of the hotels in the area charge about the same amount. Also, while parking in the Old Port is a possible alternative, with all the road construction and pedestrian closures in Old Montreal, it's probably a lot of unncessary hassle. Unless cost is an extremely critical issue, I would just go with the hotel parking...even if you do save on a bit at other parking lots, the savings will likely be minimal.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
90 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

Thank you for the valuable inputs guys. I'll probably go with the hotel or the PDC parking across the street!

10. Re: Parking near Le Westin Montreal Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 16:18