We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

Hi there,

I plan on driving from Boston to Montreal Labor day weekend. Is there a pretty place to overnight in VT on the way up close to the border?

Thanks in Advance.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

Burlington is divine.

Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

Thank you. Any reasonable accomodation suggestions?

(Under $150 USD)

boston
Level Contributor
88 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

Stowe isn't on the border, but it is a beautiful town with many hotels and restaurants to choose from. Trapp Family Lodge (from the Sound of Music), Ben & Jerry factory, Vermont Teddy Bears, Cold Hollow Cider Mill are some of my favorite haunts.

vermont
Level Contributor
140 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

You can try the Hilton in Downtown Burlington

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,780 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

Google Burlington hotels/motels and you'll come up with many, a number of the smaller chain motels like Comfort Inn, Motel 6, etc. There is a very nice Sheraton just off 89 that we've stayed at and you might find something around that range there. Also, about 5 miles further north there is a very good Hampton Inn just off the highway.

There is also a very nice hotel in Burlington near the lake, a Radisson I believe but it might have changed hands. You can also post this question in the Vermont/Burlington forum and I'm sure they can help.

JDP

JDP

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

If you can get off the highway a bit south of Burlington and head closer to the Lake to road 7 that will become Shelburne Road then you will probably find some nice inns and B&Bs in the Shelburne area and all the way going to Burlington. You will even see some older mom and pop motels, sometimes separate little cabins still standing and looking prim. Cannot remember any names at the moment but you get the picture. If staying around then if you want to killl a few hours you could visit Shelburne Farms or fill a whole day at Shelburne Museum. And the main street in Burlington is one of the very few successfull downtown pedestrian malls in the USA and is a lot of fun to stroll and pick a restaurant or café at night.

montreal
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

I second Burlington, a great overnight stop between Boston and Montreal.

For nice accommodation under $150 (or a little more) a night, try Hampton Inn or Residence Inn in Colchester, Double Tree Inn or Holiday Inn in South Burlington, Fairfield Inn in Williston. I recommend you make your reservation soon, since Labor day is a very busy time in Burlington. See TA reviews for good ideas.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

I am actually in the Residence Inn Colchester as I write. Brand new hotel, spotless and only five mins from downtown. This was a great choice. Downtown there is the Hilton, Radisson and a Sheraton, not sure of the rates, but downtown is always more.

South Burlington has lots of choices. Plus it has proximity to the Shelburne Museum that I love and will be enjoying if the rain stops!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

Just as an FYI-the downtown hotels in Burlington are the Hilton (formerly a Radisson) and the Courtyard by Marriott. Both are nice and have gorgeous views of Lake Champlain and are steps from the Church Street Marketplace. The Sheraton is nice as well but is a couple miles from downtown out by the interstate.

10. Re: Vermont overnight stay on way to Montreal...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 15:16