We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bell Centre

nova scotia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bell Centre

Going to Montreal for a hockey game in Feb and looking for suggestions on hotels within walking distance to Bell Centre. Nothing fancy, just a clean room with a fridge maybe.

Thanks.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bell Centre

Try this list. http://g.co/maps/2ky99 which is by distance from the Bell Centre.

Remember that we are Montrealer's. We don't often stay in these hotels. We can help with the city and location, but you are best to read reviews and decide on your own, for the most part. There is ONE on that list that I would need to be paid to get me to stay there... and we aren't talking hundreds... we are talking thousands. So read well before you book.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bell Centre

Hi SoBlue,

Welcome to the MONTREAL TRAVEL FORUM

Great info here from TRAVELADVICECA (and note he is is B&B owner in the city)... so he knows his stuff (also hence why he hasn't named names)

Knowing your budget would be helpful... amount per night... preferably BEFORE Fees & Taxes (remembering that Taxes in Quebec will set you back aprox 15% additionally)

The majority of the BIG Downtown Hotel Chains are great... I'd have no qualms with those that are nearby to the Bell Centre such as The Marriott Chateau Champlain or the Fairmont Queen E

Although, they may not be in your price range... so knowing more about your budget & vision would be helpful.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,051 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bell Centre

Actually if you need only a bed and a fridge you could check Maritime Plaza and Days Hotel. Both on Guy street and just a 5 minutes walk from the Bell Center. Another cheap lodging solution in the exact same vicinity would be the International Hostel that offers private rooms for 1 to 4 persons beside the dorms. I suppose that the fridge is to stash some beer and at the IH they have a full communal kitchen with a fridge but I don't know their policy about beer storage there!

nova scotia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bell Centre

Thanks for all the tips. I'll check out the link and do some investigating.

And yes the fridge would be for a little stash lol

Go Habs!

5. Re: Bell Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:18