We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Old Montreal

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Old Montreal

Hello,

My husband and I are planning a weekend getaway in Old Montreal and I just can't decide between these 2 hotels:

Auberge du Vieux-Port or Hotel Nelligan

Both our first time in Old Montreal..teh price difference between the hotels is $47 bucks.

Thanks in advance :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
502 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Old Montreal

Both hotels share the same owner so you will find some similarities between the two hotels (e.g., types of toileteries used, etc.). Auberge du Vieux-Port is more an upscale "inn" whereas Hotel Nelligan is a boutique hotel. Both are very well maintained and of high quality. Overall, it depends on the decor and ambiance that you would prefer between the two hotels. They are both located very close to each other so location should not be an issue. I am assuming that in your case, Hotel Nelligan is the one that is $47 more expensive. Note that Hotel Nelligan is the larger property of the two and does offer a wider variety of room types to choose from.

NJ
Level Contributor
481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Old Montreal

My vote goes to Auberge du Vieux-Port. We've stayed there several times and enjoyed ourselves each time. Very romantic. Right on the St. Lawrence River (make sure to ask for that side). The opposite side is St. Paul Street, a beautiful cobblestone street. Some rooms have double jacuzzi's and all have original ceiling beams (the auberge was originally a leather factory).

We did stop by Hotel Nelligan, but when in Old Montreal, don't really want a modern hotel.

Not sure if they still do, but the Auberge offers wine & cheese at about 5 pm, as well as breakfast.

Have a great few days!

3. Re: Hotel in Old Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:42