We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poutine

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Binbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Poutine

Where is the best place to get poutine?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poutine

Le Banquise. Any time of day or night.

http://www.restolabanquise.com/

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poutine

Poutine? That would be the big pile of fries covered with just about everything and anything? And that's a good snack?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poutine

That is it, delicious heart attack in a bowl.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poutine

LOL! Sounds like an enterprising restaurant owner figured out a cheap way to make money off left-overs.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poutine

It's not made of leftovers. Cheese curds are sold separately. Fromagerie lemaire in drummondville is famous for its cheese curds.

Binbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poutine

Thanks for the info....Poutine originated in Quebec....how can I visit there and not have some?...I'm sure it will be worth the calories...lol.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
59 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Poutine

We'll be in Quebec end of the month and will definitely try it! Ignore the haters and have fun :)

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,780 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Poutine

Funny I wrote a reply yesterday, probably the first one and it is not showned. Well I probably did something wrong before clicking Submit. Anyways I will just cut and paste that text now.

This is a very BIG debate around town as you will find different schools or groups that favor different things, like if you want your fries crisp and golden or soft and brown. I invite you to search this forum page just by typing poutine to get a motherload of postings.

Lately the debate has abated between the regular contributors on this forum and most have rallied on one common suggestion: La Banquise. Another one that has cropped lately is Poutineville. And if you want to get the gourmet version it will be Au Pied de Cochon, with or “sans” foie gras!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Poutine

No leftovers in Poutine at all. In fact, the cheese curds must be less than 24 hours old for a good poutine, otherwise the curds don't squeak. Mostly cheddar or gouda cheese curds, delivered daily to the restaurants that fave enough turn over.

Known variations include the Italian (Meat sauce and mozzarella), the Galvaude (peas), the Chicken and duleton (loose minced meat). But there are plenty of variations.

Poutineville is sort of a order what you want on it and we will assemble it. The antithesis of what any chef would normally do (taste, balance, etc).

@RickB the Lac Brome store on St-Laurent has poutine with a foie gras sauce (instead of putting foie gras on top.)

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Poutine

Oh no, the poutine wars!!! Let's not go there again.