We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestion

Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Hotel suggestion

Hello all,

I am having a hard time finding a decent hotel in Montreal area for 8/4 and 8/5. Except downtown and old down are, which of the following area is relative easy access to old town tourist stuff, Pointe Claire,laval,

Longueuil - Boucherville or Dorval Airport Area? Do they all have metro access? Can you recommend one?

Thanks a lot!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestion

Longueuil has one metro station. No metro near Boucherville or the Airport. Remember that is a long weekend in all of Canada except Quebec, it's like labour day weekend when it comes to reservations.

Unfortunately, unless you can change your dates, you gotta just take what you can get. It's pretty booked. The Ritz has some rooms, LHotel has one or two left, but the cheap rooms are mostly gone. Travelodge Montreal Centre that price gouged during the ice storm has some rooms left, I think, via Booking.com

PS: Please note that this list is not a list of recommendations at all, just my perspective. I am an innkeeper, please take my words with the appropriate caution.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 15:25
Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestion

TravelAdviceCA,

Thanks a lot!. Just got Le Centre Sheraton Montreal for 8/5. Still working on get one for 8/4. Travelodge is full....Any other recommendation? Very frustrated. Really appreciate if you can help! Thanks.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestion

Hotel Villa has a room, I see online. The Ritz has a room. UQAM residence, Holiday Inn on Rene Levesque, Hotel St-Paul, The Queen E, Lord Berri. Try Kayak for your search, then Mobissimo.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestion

Uh, I'd read the reviews before booking Hotel Villa.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestion

They should read the reviews before booking any place.... my comments are NEVER a recommendation.

Reviews are better than Eureka. That's not saying much, is it?

This is the only B&B not currently rated by the government in Montreal http://www.giteleclic.com/ which usually means that they just registered. That's another possibility. No reviews though.

There are also a few "tourist homes" that aren't rated yet. http://goo.gl/VcUKE you could possibly be the first to rate them! The pencil indicates that the government inspection hasn't been finished yet.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 20:42
6. Re: Hotel suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:17