We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

Hi all,

Never been to Montreal before, quite excited.

I'm taking my brother for his 18th birthday in November (he's a lot younger than me). I want to show him a good time but not too crazy, as he is a pretty laid back kid.

We are staying at the W downtown, and any advice would be appreciated on places to eat and drink.

Cheers!

Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

Cool bars within walking distance: Philemon on St.Paul st., Le Confessional on McGill, and each and every boutique hotel's bar, namely Suite 701 @ Place d'Armes. W has a cool bar too (of course - it's a W!)

As for food, you have hundreds of options in the area. Not sure what your dates are, but if by chance you are coming within the first 2 weeks, Montreal is having its first ever "Restaurant Week", over which you might be able to get a discounted menu at one of the city's nicest restaurants. Google "Taste MTL" to find out which restaurants are participating and make sure to reserve in advance. W is in the middle of Downtown, Old montreal and Griffintown areas.

Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

Thanks!

Any thoughts on which Restaurants to try for the week? So many to choose from...

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

What do you like and what is your $?

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

Pretty open to anything, love French and Italian. Honestly not much of a food budget limit, love food.

Really want to try some amazing stuff with the taste MTL restaurant week that weekend if possible.

Thanks!

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

Le locale

Graziella

400 coups

L'appartement : lappartement.ca

Le filet

If you want more trendy or a scene, then the food will suffer. You can look at cavalli for example.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

form the list on Taste MTL, there isn't a huge choice of the best the city ahs to offer but Toque, Pintxo and Laloux are good choices

But if you really want the best food in Mtl...all the below should be reserved ASAP

Joe Beef (reserve NOW, it's one of if not the most popular resto in the city). Careful not to overdose on meat.

Au Pied du Cochon...see note for Joe Beef

Liverpool House

Garde Manger (jerk crabs legs are the best anything ever)

Agreed with Les 400 Coups but it's more romantic than I'd go with a brother

Club Chasse et Peche

Cavalli is better for the eye candy than the food, though it is good eats

Primo & Secondo or Luca for the best Italian in the city

L'Express (french bistro)

I could go on...

7. Re: Thoughts on dinners and bars? (Staying at W Downtown)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:17