We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and New Years Eve

Uxbridge...
Level Contributor
424 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel and New Years Eve

I know this is two separate questions but I don’t want to spam the board.. I have points with both Priority club and Hilton HHonors to use. Want to book a special weekend 29th Dec to Jan 1st. Debating between Intercontinental or Hilton Garden all reviews are about the same, anyone with advise on either of these hotels OR open to better suggestions for a hotel to stay at..

The other MAIN question, what to do on New Year’s Eve? I want to have a great time but can’t afford some of the extreme packages I looked at $200 + per person PLUS she is vegetarian so these 7 course meals are probably not worth it. We are in mid 30’s like to go out and party but not so much that we are in tight crowded spaces… maybe something like a good local bar with great atmosphere to go hang out in OR would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks so much in advance.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and New Years Eve

Why not the Bonaventure Hilto?. It is an older property but has been renovated a few years ago and the heated outdoor swimming pool is a stunner. The hotel being on top of Place Bonaventure you can have views of the inner courtyards and pool or see Montréal from some hight.

My two suggestions for the celebration at affordable prices would be in Old Montréal either Casa de Mateo (Mexican) with mariachis or Modavie that will present jazz. You are exactly one minute to De-la-Commune Street to view the fireworks.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and New Years Eve

We've done the Modavie New Year's dinner several times and loved it, after which we've walked over to Jacque Cartier Place in the heart of old Montreal where they have fireworks. There is usually a band playing outside before hand as well, plus plenty of placves nearby to duck in for a possible beer.

JDP

Uxbridge...
Level Contributor
424 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and New Years Eve

Why not the Bonaventure? Um simple didn’t know about it but that’s why I asked. Looking into that now thanks. Modavie looks like a great option (for those who care, it is $90 per person on New Year’s Eve) sounds like a lot but compared to other options not bad. And the idea of “Nearby places for a beer” sounds like a GREAT night. Thanks so much.

More than welcome to hear other suggestions but think I am heading in right direction…

Oh PS even though I am using points Bonaventure is much cheaper in $ than the Garden Inn, should that be a concern?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and New Years Eve

I like the Intercontinental, it is a bit corporate, but much nicer than the Bonaventure (big concrete block, with more concrete inside) and the Garden Inn (just a bod standard Hilton 3 star).

The location of the Intercontinental will allow you to walk to the old port for fireworks and dining, the metro is also across the road and walking to Chinatown. A perfect spot for JDP's Modavie suggestion too.

The Intercontinental has huge bathrooms, rooms with great views over Habitat 67, the service is always great.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and New Years Eve

I have stayed at the Bonaventure three times in the past four years and just did not like it. The pool sucks to get into in winter, cool concept, but just weird. The concrete everywhere and the up and down stairs to every room is so dates and a pain with luggage. I would arte it below the garden in, just for those thing. Though I have never stayed at the Garden Inn.

I have won both the Bonaventure and the Intercontinental on Priceline. The Intercontinental is a 4.5 star on Hotwire, it make it very easy to spot. In fact hubby is staying there on Saturday,

6. Re: Hotel and New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:17