We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend! Dinner help!

Burlington
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend! Dinner help!

Hi there,

I've been searching the forums for my answer but why not just ask right!?

Girls weekend (bachelorette), planning chez mado on a Friday night, need dinner reservations somewhere close to hotel (Sheridan centre) or near Chez mado. Was originally thinking fondue - but can't decide between fonduementale of la fonderie. 4 girls, wild and crazy, want to have a fun experience for the weekend. Open to other suggestions.

Saturday is bueno notte and club 281 or chevali (I know, quite different). No car, so walking or subway, or cabs.

Thanks so much!!

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend! Dinner help!

Chez mado is not burlesque as this concept is understood in the USA . Many Americans would view it as a gay and lesbian cabaret (nothing wrong with that). Obviously straight people attend and are welcome. Just want to make sure that you know what to expect. Have fun!

Burlington
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend! Dinner help!

Yes, thanks! These Canadians are ready for the show :) We also are huge sushi fans especially AYCE... Decisions, decisions.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
323 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend! Dinner help!

fondumentale is more the quiet and romantic type place...i dont know how much fun a bachelorette party would have. come to think of it most fondue places in montreal aren't exactly the fun, rowdy type. that said, fondumentale is delicious.

if i were looking for something more fun i'd go to garde manger or another loud and fun resto....lots to choose from in old montreal or downtown.

i have no idea what chevali is..unless you mean Cavalli or Queue de Cheval.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend! Dinner help!

You could try Dominion Square Tavern, the ambiance is nice and the food is great. It's only a couple minutes walk from your hotel. The other choice I would recommend would be Pullman which is a wine bar but the ambiance tend to be nice there as well if you are in a festive mood and like wine.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls weekend! Dinner help!

Yes Mado is not burlesque in the American sense, drag show all the way! But I am sure that you knew that Love2beonvacation. It is just not Platipus' bag at all. By the way Plat usually I say that Mado is about 50/50 gays and straights on week-ends but Mado herself said that it was 90% straight these evenings last week when guest on tv.

Nice restaurant to party would be Le Milsa instead of a fondue place. All you can eat Brazilian steakhouse. Mini chain with one restaurant downtown but also one in the Village, within walkig distance of Mado's

6. Re: Girls weekend! Dinner help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 07:15