We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple friendly strip clubs?

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Couple friendly strip clubs?

Hi,

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Montreal for the 1st time this summer and might try going to a strip club together. Can anyone recommend some ones that may be couple friendly?

By couple friendly I mean that there may be some other woman there or its at least a nice enough place where she won't feel too uncomfortable. This will be the first time that we do anything like this and we want it to be a good experience.

Full contact would also be much more preferable.

Thanks!

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple friendly strip clubs?

I hope you're joking.

Delhi, New York
Level Contributor
212 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple friendly strip clubs?

I've been to a handful of strip clubs in my travels to Montreal and have often seen females hanging out. I don't think any look down upon it.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple friendly strip clubs?

Living in a popular strip club city, I have had some experience when I was "younger" and Ive noticed that there are always a few couples in the scene so not to worry, I think all strip clubs here are couple friendly.

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple friendly strip clubs?

Thank you.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,054 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple friendly strip clubs?

I think you'll find Montreal refreshing when it comes to these types of things. Even in Las Vegas, sin city apparently, I find the States has a puritan edge that makes (insert word that starts with s, ends with x and has an e in the middle) seem something sinful that you're not supposed to do, or at least admit to in public. One-on-one, people are fine about it, if a little more conservative, but as an industry, it somehow seems dirtier and much more like exploitation down there.

It's not all roses here -- a friend of mine used to be a stripper and has stories to tell. However, the québécois treat the s-thing more as a fact of life that has been around for, oh, generations, and it also happens to be very enjoyable, so why not have fun with it? They're also amazingly non-judgemental as a people -- if that's how you want to have fun, they say, so be it. If you're bothering me directly, rather than morally, I'll tell you, but otherwise, who am I to judge? Go have a good time.