We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosaicultures mea culpa

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,584 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Mosaicultures mea culpa

Yes I must admit that my first perceptions about the Mosaicultures were wrong. I started a thread about that in late spring and I was mostly complaining about the steep increase in the admission price for the Botanical Garden and almost all of the replies agreed.

Then after some complains came the news that the Montréal citizens who have an Accès card will not be admitted freely on the ground like in previous times but would just have to pay an extra on their card to get unlimited admission. Then the City Council voted a resolution extending the admission ticket overs two days. Bad omen.

Well finally I was wrong and reviews about the Botanical Garden have been great even if some visitors really did find it too expensive and found the tickets line ups overly long. Lately a separate entry for Mosaicultures was added on TA and it gets even better reviews.

Finally I had the chance of visiting this week and I found it the ideal time. Many of the Mosaicultures are majestic and fully grown right now and you have the added attraction of the Chinese Lantern Festival which, since last year, is not only the lanterns at the Chinese Garden but also subtle illuminations of trees, rocks and architectural details next door at the Japanese Garden with some eerie changing lighting in the pinewood with sound effects and music.

So do go by mid-afternoon and visit the Mosaicultures and other parts of the Garden, have dinner at the café (much improved from previous years) and then head to the Chinese Garden before sunset and finally proceed to the Japanese Garden to cap off your day.

So all in all $ 30 well spent over 5 hours and you can return for a second day which I would suggest for residents or people visiting Montréal for four days minimum and while in the area visit other «Espaces pour la Vie» attractions that can be lumped in different combos.

Reviews will be written and posted in the Things to Do section for Mtl but I wanted to write this on the forum to apologize to the people that might have avoided this attraction due to my previous post about it and also to tell you to rush to see it since there are only two weeks left. Afterward you will still be able to enjoy the illuminations until Nov 3 and possibly see some of the mosaicultures being dismantled and prices will return to the normal structure

If you cannot use the second day you can give the tickets to other people you know, fellow tourists or simply leave them at the concierge or front desk of your hotel. Just keep in mind that this ticket cannot be used the same day as the first admission.

Montreal Scooter Rentals and Tours
Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, City Tours, Private Tours
Spade & Palacio Non-Touristy Tours
Bike Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours, Equipment Hire
Local Montreal Food Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosaicultures mea culpa

The second day has been a godsend :)

2. Re: Mosaicultures mea culpa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now