We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice Hockey Montreal May

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
72 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Ice Hockey Montreal May

Hi we will be in Montreal May 6th for 6 nights and would love to see a hockey game. I'm aware that the season ends April and was told I can buy playoff tickets but they are not available. Is there any chance of seeing any game in the Montreal area or Quebec, even if it's a junior or friendly game.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

The QMJHL is the major junior league that operates in Quebec and east. Their regular season ends in March and playoffs are over before mid-May, so not much chance there. There is no Montreal team in this league; Blainville-Boisbriand is, I believe, the closest team to Montreal. They are currently leading the league so they quite well could be in the finals come early May.

http://theqmjhl.ca/

I have never seen the term "friendlies" applied to hockey games. Certainly there wouldn`t be any non-competitive games after the season is over. There will be pre-season exhibition games starting in mid-August.

Montreal, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

It seems that Montreal will make the playoffs. If they are still in in May, this is somewhere you need to go. The ambiance there is crazy !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

Montreal in the playoffs would be great, as a Toronto fan, let's hope not!!

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

Call it hockey. When you say ice hockey, you come across as a *real* tourist.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

If the Canadiens are still playing by May 6th it would most likely be the 2nd round of the playoffs. Be prepared to pay a lot of money to see them play (around $200-$1000 per ticket on the grey market).

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,819 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

$200 for a second round playoff ticket, that would be a steal!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

If you get the tickets online as soon as they go on sale, it's possible to pay $200....it will still be tough, but possible...

8. Re: Ice Hockey Montreal May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19